TAG is an artist-owned gallery that showcases the work of its members in an impressive 5000 sq. ft gallery on Wilshire Boulevard, in the heart of LA’s Museum Row. TAG has been self-supporting for more than 25 years, offering a sustaining home and a vibrant arts community for Los Angeles based artists.
As individuals, TAG members determine their own artistic direction and have space to exhibit their own solo show alongside 2 or 3 other members once each year. There are also opportunities throughout the year to hang work in group shows and to participate in all-member art projects. In addition, members may curate shows made up of non-member work, in order to explore artistic themes and learn the critical skills involved in curation. As a group, the members have input into the running of the gallery and determine its direction. Active participation is encouraged and new, creative ideas for supporting the work of the members and sustaining the gallery’s success are always welcome.
TAG is interested in membership candidates who are excited about becoming part of an arts community, who are engaged and active in the LA art scene – or are eager to become so – and who have a focused and clear direction in their current art practice.
• Solo exhibition once per year, alongside two or three other artists
• Monthly group exhibitions and art projects
• Member curated show proposals (approval by the Board, as space allows)
• Commission on sold work is 75% to the artist, 25% to the gallery
• Representation by TAG is non-exclusive, and members are encouraged to show their work in venues and seek representation by other galleries
• A supportive community of artists
• Member dues are $3,000 per year (payment plans are available). In addition, first-year members pay a $500 non-refundable commitment deposit, and returning members pay a $200 annual commitment deposit.
• Members are required to attend monthly meetings and join a committee that interests them
• Members must abide by TAG’s Code of Conduct, which ensures that TAG remains a supportive and professional environment.
Applications for 2018 are open until Nov 1st. Selected artists will be invited for interviews and finalists will be juried by TAG members in November.
Membership is capped at 40 artists, and the number of spaces available varies from year to year.