NELA V. STERIC,
web site: www.teachergallery.com
Nela V. Steric is a Yugoslav-Serbian-born artist, a naturalized US citizen, living in Ventura county and Los Angeles for twenty-one years. She holds degrees in classic European and American art and art education. Since the beginning of her career, Nela was working full-time in both art education and her own art-making. She was married to Dan M. Steric, an L.A-based banker (passed away in 2014) from 1997 to 2014, and has a twenty years-old son, Michael P. Steric, who is a successful art photographer in Los Angeles. During the times of raising her child, busy family life in Thousand Oaks, full-time teaching studio art, travelling and getting another Art Ed. Degree, and her Art Teaching Credential, Nela was not too active in showing her art publically.
Early in 2014, when Nela’s husband Dan, of 17 years, suddenly passed away, Nela decided to leave Thousand Oaks and move to North Hollywood, living single. The close proximity of theatres, art events and inspiration on a vibrant Los Angeles community helped her re-start her own painting career. Since then, Nela developed an extensive group juried, national and international exhibition history, and finally, in 2017, became a member artist of the TAG Gallery in Los Angeles.
PERSONAL DETAILS Born 1969 in the former Yugoslavia, present-day Serbia; Widowed, 1 Son (20); Naturalized US Citizen 2002
Several group exhibitions in Novi Sad and Belgrade, former Yugoslavia.
Solo exhibition “Drawings” at Culture Center in Novi Sad, former Yugoslavia.
Group exhibition II Karlovacki Salon Mladih,” Palace Stefaneum, Sremski Karlovci, former Yugoslavia.
21st Salon of Sremska Mitrovica, at the Lazar Vozarevic Gallery, Sr. Mitrovica, former Yugoslavia.
Karlovacki Salon Mladih III, The Stefaneum Pallace, Sremski Karlovci, former Yugoslavia.
Member of the Westlake Village Art Guild, Westlake Village CA.
Member of Thousand Oaks Art Association.
Local group exhibitions at Thousand Oaks Community Gallery CA (March, November, December).
Solo exhibition and many local group exhibitions at Mayor Frank Shillo’s office in Civic Arts Plaza, Thousand Oaks;
Camarillo Community Bank, Westlake Village.
Member of Ventura County Art Council.
Exhibition and art workshops, grand opening of the Hillcrest Center, Thousand Oaks CA.
Group exhibition “Reflections” at Civic Arts Plaza Thousand Oaks CA.
Member of the Chicago Windy City Artists. National competition and group exhibition “Vision 99” at Zarem/Golde Art Technical Institute, Chicago IL.
International competition and group exhibition: ”One Hundred Sacred Visions” (the spiritual in contemporary art) at the Austellung, Payerbach, Austria.
CSU Northridge Art Education students’ group performance “Decade of 1959-1969, in USA” held at CSU Northridge, CA.
2004 – 2005 “The Iwano Project V” international group art project.
2008-2010 Artoteque.com - First International Online Exhibition Biennial.
2005-Annually CSUN Invitational Exhibition for Students and Teachers, Northridge, CA.
2013- Thousand Oaks Art Association Membership Show, Thousand Oaks, CA.
2015 - Artavita, 16th Online Competition. Certificate of Excellence.
- Viridian Artists Inc. Gallery's 27th International Juried Exhibition, NYC, NY.
- Figure One Gallery, Group Expo University of Urbana - Champaign, Department of Art/Design Art Ed Micro Residence, IL.
- The Hive Gallery & Studios, “Equilibrium Rites”/”Honey and Venom”/”Cosmic Union”, Los Angeles, CA.
- 47th National River Road Show, Louisiana State Archives Building, Baton Rouge, LA.
- Art Kudos, 2016 International Juried Art Competition and Exhibition (online only).
-Seyhoun Gallery's Exhibit, "Unconscious Mind in Action", Los Angeles, CA
- California Art League's Exhibit, "Spirits of the Night", CAL's 2016 Gold Medal Exhibit, Los Angeles, CA
- Pirate Contemporary Art Gallery Juried National Exhibition, Denver, CO.
- 16th Annual Juried Open Exhibition, at Topanga Canyon Gallery, Topanga, CA
- Watercolor Art Society-Houston's 2017 International Watercolor Exhibition, at WAS-H Gallery, Houston, TX.
- NEXT Gallery’s National Juried Show “Next Up”, Denver, CO.
- Brownsville Museum of Art 45th International Art Show, Brownsville, TX.
- LAAA's (Los Angeles Art Association) 2017 Benefit Auction, LA, CA.
- Las Laguna Gallery's All Media, show "Spectacular", Laguna Beach, CA.
-ISEA, 26th Annual International Society of Experimental Artists, Sanibel, FL.
-Pittsburgh Watercolor Society's "Aqueous", 71st Annual International Exhibition, Pittsburgh, PA
Nela V. Steric’s is a member of
- Los Angeles Art Association (2016)
- California Art League.
- TAG Gallery, Los Angeles, CA.
Her works are in many private collections nationwide.
Her works are published in the Winter 2016-17 edition of Studio Visit Magazine