TAG is an artist owned gallery that showcases a diverse collection of visual artists and welcomes Los Angeles based artists working in all mediums. Our new 5000 sq. ft. location on Wilshire Blvd on Museum Row is only blocks from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Craft and Folk Art Museum, and the Petersen Automotive Museum, offering artists exposure at a premier arts destination. TAG artists have the freedom to determine the direction and theme of their art and have input into the running of the gallery. We’ve been self-supporting for more than 20 years, offering a sustaining home for Los Angeles based artists.
• Each TAG artist exhibits once a year with two other artists
• TAG artists showcase their work every month in group exhibitions
• Each artist receives 75% of sales on their artwork; the gallery takes a commission of 25% on sales
• Representation by TAG is non-exclusive in that TAG artists may also be represented by other galleries
• Member dues are $3000 per year. In addition, first-year members pay a $500 non-refundable deposit, and returning members pay a $200 annual commitment fee.
• All TAG members contribute to the gallery's success through their active participation. Members are required to attend brief monthly meetings, join a committee that interests them, and spend 12 hours per year contributing to the gallery.
Applications for 2018 are open until Jan 30. Selected artists will be invited for interviews and finalists will be juried by TAG members in October.
Membership is capped at 40 artists, and the number of spaces available varies from year to year.